Saturday, November 8, 2014

Hello from the good old USA!

Well friends and family, I am officially posting back home in South Dakota. You might be asking yourself why, and I can understand your curiosity.



Basically, what was promised to me back in February when I accepted was not even close to the reality that I encountered. Many of you know the excitement I had about moving to Egypt, but promises made were not honored. Consequently, after considerable thought and reflection I elected to return home.

However, the experience of living in Egypt was one I will never forget. The people were especially kind and I visited many wonderful places with fun people in the time I was there! It was certainly rewarding and I learned quite a bit in the last three months. Though I wish the circumstances could have been different, I stand by my decision as what I felt was right and appropriate for me.

I'm looking forward to continuing my teaching here at home substitute teaching for a while and exploring permanent positions come springtime! Thanks for sticking with me through it all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment