Friday, December 11, 2015

Almost to Break!

This week has been full of fun and events so far. On Tuesday I scheduled my second formal observation of the year with my principal. I will have 4 total formal observations over the course of this school year since I'm a new teacher. Last time my principal saw one of my English 9 classes, so he requested to see one of my English 11 classes this time around. My 6th period is my rowdiest bunch of the day, but it's a class full of good kids. Tuesday came and my principal arrived just as scheduled. About 30 seconds after class started, the fire alarms went off! Talk about additional stress! It was clearly NOT a planned drill since the principal was surprised, so I took my kids and my roster outside where we waited for about 20 minutes before the all clear was given. Needless to say I was quite nervous by the time we made it back into my classroom! However, my principal has to see me teach for a full 50 minutes, so we rescheduled my observation for another day.



On Wednesday I had the opportunity to visit another local high school and attend an iBooks training hosted by Apple representatives. It was a super informative and fun day full of learning. I was nervous to leave my students with a substitute, but it turns out my fears were unfounded. My sub left great notes about each of my classes! I'm looking forward to being part of our 1-to-1 initiative, which goes to the school board for a vote next week. The initiative itself has already been approved and the money allotted, so the vote next week is for which device. I'm a staunch Apple supporter, so I am thrilled that is the proposal! I'll keep you all posted! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment