Sunday, April 27, 2014

Crafty Projects: Part 1

As much as I love crafts and creative things, I've never really been artsy enough to do anything myself. Well, my personal mission was to craft gifts for all my students and my cooperating teachers, and I'm proud to say they turned out much better than I expected!! This post is dedicated to my crafts for my students.


First, my goodbye presents to my students were something I felt like I absolutely had to do. My students have challenged me and grown me in ways I cannot even begin to describe. These little treats serve as a quite inadequate "thank you". Via Pinterest, I found this adorable little craft (originally from http://lisastorms.typepad.com/lisa-storms/2011/05/end-of-school-treat-for-classmates-with-printable.html#comments). 


Supplies:
  • White card stock paper
  • Plenty of printer ink!
  • Hershey's mini chocolate bars (I bought the variety pack)
  • Pen
  • Tape
  • Scissors
First, visit http://lisastorms.typepad.com/lisa-storms/2011/05/end-of-school-treat-for-classmates-with-printable.html#comments to download the "Owl Miss You" template pdf. Next, insert however many sheets of white card stock paper you need to make one for each student (I printed 20 sheets for my 158 students). 

Once you've printed all the sheets out, I recommend signing your name on each! It is much easier to do this now rather than after you've cut all the tiny owls out. 


Next, get your hand muscles ready and cut out all the owls! Only cut around the outside edges; all the other lines are for folding. After you've done this (which takes the majority of time), start folding all the straight edges, place a piece of candy, and tape shut! Ta-da! You've just made a cute (and affordable) gift :)


No comments:

Post a Comment