Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Class Assignments!

After weeks of (impatiently) waiting for my teaching assignment, I'm thrilled to say I finally know my classes!


At Dover there will be three 5th grade classes this year. I will teach English to all of the 5th graders (18 classes per week) and Social Studies to two of the classes (6 classes per week). All in all these 24 classes per week are less than the 30 per week I was teaching during my student teaching experience, but I won't have the added benefit of two cooperating teachers around! (Though I will absolutely be emailing them all the time for help!)

If you'd like to read more about the curriculum and standards of Dover, check out their 5th grade academic information page here. While the standards are very broad and don't necessarily note any particular novels or units of study, I'm looking forward to jumping whole-heartedly into my month of planning when I arrive in Cairo in just 30 days! I've been spending much of my time on my Pinterest teaching board and the website Teachers Pay Teachers trying to do as much prep work as I can to make my transition even easier when I do arrive!

If you have any suggestions about 5th grade English or Social Studies curriculum, I'd love to hear from you! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Maggie, my name is Juliana and I am also moving to Egypt for a teaching position in August! I ran into your blog looking for people who teach or are going through similar experiences

    ReplyDelete