Sunday, July 6, 2014

"Miss Bryant, Is That You??"

Goodness where has the summer gone?! It's been weeks since my last post, but I promise I've got lots to say!


Over the course of the summer, I've run into many of my high school students from this past spring. From the mall to Walgreens to the zoo to the pool (*cringe*) to buying copious amounts of ice cream for a movie night (yes, teachers eat junk too), I've begun to realize that my teaching career does NOT end on the last day of school! Blessedly I've only been running into my favorite students, so the encounters have been very pleasant! I think I get just as much of a kick out of seeing my students out of their element as they do when they see me :) Here's my most up to date list of student sightings:

  • American Eagle
  • Gap
  • Aerie (yes, teachers wear underwear too)
  • Walgreens
  • Zoo
  • Washington Pavilion
  • HyVee
  • various pools (thank goodness I believe in modesty, otherwise these encounters would have been significantly more awkward)
  • Bagel Boy
I'm lucky to have made genuine relationships with my students that have stood the test of time (thus far); I look forward to hearing what they're up to over the summer and love sharing how prepping for Egypt is going!


No comments:

Post a Comment