Monday, August 25, 2014

Teacher Supply Store, Egypt-style

I know it's been ages since my last blog post- I promise I am alive! Last week a group of teachers took the day to visit a teacher supply store in Ma'adi, which is located closer to downtown Cairo.

the teacher store
Unfortunately when we arrived, the teacher store was a haphazard mess. They had just reopened and had not stocked most of the merchandise yet. It was quite an adventure trying to sift through items and find things to put in my classroom. After buying a couple of posters for Social Studies (I brought things for English with me from the U.S.), I had some of the best coffee of my life! Thank you Greco for a much-needed caffeine hit!


For the next hour or so we explored Ma'adi which is where one of the veteran teachers lives. It's a beautiful little neighborhood with tree lined streets and lots of shops and cafes. I wish I lived in a homier place like this for a more authentic Egypt feel.



No comments:

Post a Comment