Monday, August 25, 2014

Tagamoa Mall Adventure!

Last Thursday after school the other three new teachers and I grabbed a taxi to Tagamoa, a fancier district closer to the center of Cairo. Jayde and I went straight for a restaurant named Olives (I highly recommend to all!) and had a delicious dinner while Tiffany and Jenna went to get sushi. I ordered shish tawouk which was absolutely wonderful- grilled chicken seasoned with all kinds of amazing flavors!




After dinner we met up as a group and wandered around to do some shopping. We found a cute little teacher store with everything from board markers to magnets to pencil sharpeners! It was great to make some purchases there to feel a little more prepared for school to start. All of also were excited to shop at the H&M store. I found two dressy tshirts that I can wear to school and (hopefully) not melt in! ;)

It was enjoyable to feel like we were a bit closer to home with some amenities like H&M and a Body Shop, so all in all a successful trip!

Jayde and I enjoying the fountain

cool light show after dark

a little coffee ice cream to remind me of home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment