Monday, September 29, 2014

Top Travel Apps



Hello there! In light of moving abroad and planning a week-long vacation to Austria, I've decided to share with you my absolute favorite travel apps! :)


First and foremost, Pinterest! I spend countless hours on Pinterest anyway, but planning a trip makes it socially acceptable, right?! You can just search by city, country, or region and you have a wealth of information at your fingertips! Everything from sights to packing lists to restaurants, all in one convenient location.

Ulmon makes my life infinitely easier! There are tons of free offline maps to download (think all the favorites: Rome, Paris, London, etc). I've been religiously pinning attractions for my time in Vienna. You can search by category (attraction, food, lodging, etc.) and even read reviews from other Ulmon map users!

Tripit stores all my vital information making it easy to travel paper-free. All you have to do is create a free account and then forward your travel plans from your email to plans@tripit.com! It doesn't get much easier than that! You can even share your itinerary with others so they know when and where you'll be places.

For travelers visiting a foreign country, I can't stress the value of the XE Currency app. You can pick and choose which currencies to store, but you always have access to the entire database if you need. My phone currently has the U.S. dollar, the Egyptian pound, and the Euro!

Tripomatic is a recent find for me- my first time using it is now for my trip to Vienna. I find it easier to start on the website and then move to the app once you've set up the basic trip details. This app is more for the activities and sights- you can arrange a flexible itinerary and use the offline map to decide where and when to go places. Very useful for someone like me who needs to feel like there are at least some plans made, even if the order or days change.
What are some of your favorite travel apps? I'm sure that the more time I spend traveling, the longer this list is going to get! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment