Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Hunt

for a job, of course! ;)



It seems like every time someone asks me where I want to teach, I have a different answer! Some days I want to stay close to home and to my family in a place where I know I can find a reliable job in a safe place. Other days I just want to hop on the first plane out of here to gosh knows where. Talk about indecisive! In all honesty, I don't think I'm actually indecisive. I know that I want to teach, and I know that I want to travel. The Midwest will always be here for me should I decide I like it enough to come back, haha!

Last semester one of my professors set up a Skype chat with her sister who teaches abroad under the pretense of ELL students. It turned into a Q & A about how to get a teaching job internationally, which was great for me! I filed away pages and pages of notes about the process and requirements thinking I might need them in the future. Well, it turns out the future is now! In addition to applying places near home, I've also started applying to international schools! It's exciting stuff, and I'm excited to see how it all pans out :)

As much as I love planning and thinking about my future, it does merit mention that today my Jesus Calling devotional was spot on:

"Seek My face, and you will find not only My Presence but also My Peace. To receive My Peace, you must change your grasping, controlling stance to one of openness and trust... Ask My Spirit within you to order your day and control your thoughts, for the mind controlled by the Spirit is Life and Peace."

I have to remember to listen to not only my mind and heart, but to God's will for me. During these times of possibilities and forked paths, I would ask for your prayers of discernment. Prayers of encouragement are always welcome as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment