Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Jostens Adviser University

WOW! What a whirlwind the last 2 weeks have been! I spent July 16-23 in Orlando, Florida for the Jostens Adviser University conference, and I learned SO much!

leaving good old South Dakota

two of my favorite travel items: Tieks and Vera Bradley!

my fancy hotel room!

pretty (and comfy) desk area

interior of the hotel- a mini jungle!
Over the course of four days, I attended many sessions on a variety of topics all related to yearbook/journalism. Here's a comprehensive list of all the learning I did! :)


  1. Basic Ladder: Balanced Coverage
  2. Theme 101
  3. Design Basics
  4. Teaching Photography to Beginners
  5. Using Modular Design
  6. Verbal/Visual Connections
  7. Journalism Ethics
  8. Smartphone Photography
  9. How to Use a DSLR Camera
  10. Deadlines
  11. Google Docs and More
  12. Converged Journalism
panorama of the plaza where we had our meals

a typical breakfast :)

stuff :) also, how do I rotate this photo??

Mike Smith presentation

ready to learn!!

The Office clip!!!!!!

my favorite pic from the Smartphone Photography session (yes, I took that!)

my friend, Sara, from Louisiana

friends from across the USA!

Overall I learned so much and am thankful for the opportunity to attend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment