Thursday, July 16, 2015

Orlando, Florida Day 1

I've safely arrived in Orlando, Florida friends! I spent almost the entire day traveling, so I'm about to climb into bed.

I'm an advocate of comfy travel clothes :)

Tieks matched my Vera Bradley weekender!

This morning Dad dropped me off at the airport on his way to work (thanks, padre!). I proceeded to the correct check in counter only to find that no one was there! I had arrived "too early" to check in! Only in South Dakota.........


After some airport workers finally arrived, I checked my bag and made my way through TSA- no problems! I grabbed a Coke and sat down to read before we boarded. I sat on the aisle (DUH) next to a young couple. They were friendly enough, but the girl got super motion sick and was throwing up for the majority of the flight! Yuck! Needless to say I kept my headphones in the whole time. Landing in Orlando was much more turbulent than I'm used to. We descended for what felt like the whole last hour of the flight, and it was really bumpy. Not so fun!

After hopping off the plane and grabbed my suitcase from the carousel (first bag off!!) I walked over to the shuttle service area. I had to wait almost an hour for the next shuttle, but I spent the time reading so it wasn't too bad. There was a super cute couple from Glasgow, Scotland on my shuttle and it was fun to talk to them for the hour it took us to drive into Disney.

The hotel is absolutely beautiful! I'm staying at the Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center for the Josten's Adviser University conference which starts on Saturday. Here are some pics of my room- very fancy!












I just finished wandering around after I had a cute (but expensive!) snacky dinner on a boat!



Don't judge me for going to bed early...... HARRY POTTER WORLD TOMORROW!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment