Saturday, November 7, 2015

1st Official World Youth Day Meeting

Wow! I am thrilled to be writing about my first official WYD meeting! This morning I met with 12 other pilgrims who are attending WYD with the Diocese of Sioux Falls, about half of our total pilgrimage group. Some of the other pilgrims live a couple of hours away and were unable to attend.

We began our meeting in prayer (I love being Catholic!) and proceeded to introduce ourselves, our background, and why we decided to attend WYD. Our group is comprised in age from a sophomore in high school to a grandma (who has 14 grandkids!) It was wonderful to hear why the other people also wanted to make this historic journey. 

Our tentative itinerary includes flying from Sioux Falls to Warsaw, Poland on July 23rd, 2016 and returning August 2nd, 2016. I am hoping to extend my trip on the back end to visit a couple other cities in Europe before returning home, but that is still very tentative. Our major sites to see are Saint Mary's Basilica, Divine Mercy Shrine, Our Lady of Czestochowa (more commonly known as the Black Madonna), and Auschwitz concentration camp.

Saint Mary's Basilica


Divine Mercy Shrine

Our Lady of Czestochowa


entrance to Auschwitz

Please continue to keep me and my fellow pilgrims in your prayers. I am especially praying to discern an intention to take with me on this pilgrimage next year. While I feel called to attend World Youth Day for many reasons, it is hard to articulate what I hope to bring home with me. I appreciate your prayers for this specific intention!

No comments:

Post a Comment