Saturday, July 26, 2014

California-bound: What to Pack

Good morning readers! In just a few short hours I am flying off to California to see all of my relatives one last time before I move to Egypt. I fly from Sioux Falls to Minneapolis to Las Vegas (with a hefty layover, so I'll definitely have time to read). I created my packing list a couple of days ago while I had some down time nannying. All of my items for a week-long vacation fit into a *large* personal item and my spinner carry-on suitcase! Check out my packing story in pictures! :)

My personal item (which fits under the seat in front of me on the plane).
I ordered this monogrammed bag via Etsy.
The contents of my personal item: Vera Bradley hipster, Bose headphones, camera,
jewelry bag, meds, snacks, folder with school planning stuff, and (not pictured) my iPad and Nook.
My travel outfit:
Dress: Cato
Cardigan: JC Penneys
Ballet flats: Tieks
Two pair of shoes for the trip (both can be dressy or casual).
Three dressy tops (black floral, white bow, watercolor floral).
White polka dot cardigan.
Black A-line dress.
Black maxi dress (with adorable ruffle hem).
Pajamas (shorts, capris, 2 tshirts).
Three casual tees.
Four camis for layering.
(Not pictured: 2 bras and 7 pair undies).
Denim shorts.
Nike tempo shorts.
Two swimsuits.
Left: Victoria's Secret
Right: Alloy
Toiletries and makeup.
(Not pictured: flat iron).
Full, but with a little room to spare!
I am looking forward to visiting all of my relatives and spending some quality time in the place I was born. Unfortunately, I do not have the opportunity to visit the desert very often, so when I get the chance, it is a real treat! Sometimes I catch myself feeling jealous of all my friends whose families and relatives all live within a 5 or 6 our drive... But I know that the distance only makes me realize how special my time with my family truly is. 



If you'd be willing, I'd love a prayer for safe travels :)

No comments:

Post a Comment