Monday, October 6, 2014

City Center: Take 2

Our little taste of the city center on Sunday was nothing compared to today! We looked up a good cafe for coffees and made our way into the center of Vienna again, ready to shop and eat until our heart's content! I even found a little fall owl display which made me think of home :)



Jayde and I spent a solid hour in the most beautiful/fancy 3 story Forever21 store I've ever seen!! We both made a couple of awesome purchases for great prices! Shopping being hard work and all, it was then time for a sit/eat a pastry break ;) We people watched for a little bit before hitting Mango (one of my favorite stores from last summer in Europe) where I found two beautiful cardigans in black and grey. 

Another "getting lost" adventure followed- I mean if you're not getting lost at least once a day in Europe, I think you're doing it wrong! ;) Thankfully, the wonderful Pizzeria Scarabocchio was everything and more than we hoped for! I read rave reviews about this restaurant on Tripadvisor because not only is it some of the best pizza in Austria, the entire menu can be made gluten free! The owner has Celiac disease and doesn't think that should make anyone miss out on delicious food! My Cardinale pizza was absolutely delicious, and we made reservations to go back Thursday for lunch when the other girls arrive from Munich! No matter how full I am, I will absolutely be ordering the gluten free tiramisu!!! :)



After dropping off our leftover pizza and shopping bags at the flat, we headed back to the city center for even more exploring! We attempted to enter the national library the proper way, but unfortunately the only day of the week it is not open is Monday! On the docket for later in the week. Jayde and I stopped by Demel cake shop, one of the "musts" in Vienna according to Tripadvisor and Rick Steves. A slight detour into St. Peter's church revealed one of the most beautiful places of worship I've ever seen! 

A lovely gentleman informed us that Mass is celebrated every evening at 5pm, so I will most definitely be heading back :) Jayde and I then returned to our flat and enjoyed our leftover Scarabocchio pizza and Demel cakes while watching Pitch Perfect! 


No comments:

Post a Comment