Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Tieks: The Ballet Flat, Reinvented

Tieks

Hello friends!

Today I'm going to tell you a little about the BEST ballet flats in the entire world! Get ready to be amazed! 

First, check out this great infographic about the "anatomy" of Tieks:


I originally found these beautiful shoes via Emily Ley's instagram (technology really is wonderful)! Since then, it seems like I have been spotting Tieks everywhere I look! 

In May 2014 I bit the bullet (they're expensive) and ordered my first pair- matte black. WOW. I wore them through the remainder of my student teaching, graduation, summer escapades as a nanny, across the ocean to Egypt, exploring the streets of Austria, and through South Dakota's frigid winter! 
SDSU graduation


vacation to California

teaching

shopping in Vienna, Austria

Vienna, Austria
A month ago (after a year of saving) I ordered my second pair of Tieks- ruby red! Red has always been my favorite pop of color to add to an outfit, and it also has the benefit of being my school's color :) It takes no time at all to "break in" your Tieks; I felt comfortable the second full day of wearing them. 

Even the experience of opening your Tieks is a happy one! Each pair of Tieks is delivered to your door with uncanny speed. Their boxes are efficiently small and easy to open. When you open up the mailing box, it's like a present! Every Tiek blue box has a cutie flower topper (which I've reused many a time as headbands). Then comes the personalized note! What a great way to make customers feel important (I know I do)! When you order a pair of Tieks, inside the box you will also find a small, black Tieks carrying case and a reusable shopping tote. Bonus gifts! 



As a twenty-something teacher, I can honestly tell you that I have gone to just as many stores and bought just as many ballet flats as you have. And sooner or later, they wear out. The sole splits, the coloring fades off, and so on. Tieks don't. Tieks are in it for the long haul. Which is so important to me as a teacher. I don't have extra money to be buying a new pair of flats every two months. I'd rather invest in a great quality pair and have them for years.

So, go and buy your soon-to-be favorite shoes! Right now! 

2 comments: